Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Finn's Favorites: The Harry Potter Version

(Note from Sarah: Share your HP favorites in the comments section of this posting!)

No one in this family can talk about anything but Harry Potter these days. You wouldn't believe the things that are being forgotten in the unceasing fantasizing...my special cookies, ordering music, my not-so-special cookies, oil changes, my back-from-the-beach cookies....Yikes!

In order to get control of Sarah and Ken's madness, I interviewed them about their (um...and my) obsession. Here's what I learned:

Characters We Most Resemble:
Me: Fang-the-Great
Sarah: A little Hermione-ish...HA! Actually, the similarities are frightening
Ken: A more than passing resemblance to the Weasleys...Fred and George, of course
Triscuit: Crookshanks...although I think she's more like Mrs. Figg (WOOF!)

Favorite Moment:
Me: Malfoy getting turned into a ferret (Book 4)
Sarah: Dumbledore kicking butt when cornered in his office by Professor Umbridge, Cornelius Fudge, and the Aurors (Book 5)
Ken: When Ron stupidly looks at the tank full of brains at the Department of Mysteries and says, "Accio brain!"
Triscuit: Harry letting the python loose on Dudley and Piers at the zoo (Book 1)

Favorite Quote:
Me: "'I want Fang,' said Malfoy, quickly looking at Fang's long teeth. 'All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward,' said Hagrid." - Book 1
Sarah: "HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME ME? I-WANT-TO-TALK-TO-HARRY-POTTER!" -Ron to Uncle Vernon, Book 3
Ken: "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..." -Dumbledore, Book 4
Triscuit: "...As he got undressed a sparkler floated past the tower, still resolutely spelling out hte word POO." -Book 5

Favorite Book (so far!):
Me: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Sarah: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Ken: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Triscuit: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

No comments: