Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Dog's Day




Life is good here on the Outer Banks...

8–9 am: Take a swim in the gorgeous Currituck Sound. My people and I walk on over to the historic Whalehead Club (there TONS of geese, but Sarah won't let me chase them...bummer). We play with a ball for a bit and then swim, swim, swim.


And guess what! In August I FINALLY realized why Sarah and Ken keep throwing my favorite sticks into the water. They want me to bring it BACK to them...ooops. Well, I've got it now. :)

9–9:30 am: Sarah and I walk (trundle actually...I'm a Newfie and don't do anything quickly) to the store to open up. She vaccums, I bark. She dusts, I chase the duster. She puts out the Pirate flag, I try to escape out the front door.

9:30–7 pm: Time to get to work! I say "hi" to everyone that comes in, nap in the back room, help little kids clean up after their snacks...ice-cream and french fries, yum! I'm working on my alphabetizing skills–Ken says I have to earn my keep–but I can't remember what comes after "m". I am good at rearranging the furniture, though. Those little white adirondack chairs in the Kids' section are NEVER in the right place :)

7–10 pm: Supper time! Play time! Beach time! I'm a young dog, so I sleep for most of the day...but I LOVE the evenings. That hot North Carolina weather cools off and kids are everywhere...eating ice cream! (Have I mentioned that I love ice cream?)

11-midnight: Relax with my family. Ken and Sarah always stay up for those Comedy Central guys... Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert, do you know them? So we curl up together with the cat until it's time to get up to go swimming again.

Phew! I think it may be time for a nap....

No comments: