Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Smoke Thief: "Spellbinding, Dazzling!"


It's a chilly 34 degrees here on the Outer Banks today and Finnegan is curled up on the couch with his favorite toy, snoozing and watching Animal Planet. So I finally have a chance to sneak online and add my two cents to this blog! Finn generally hogs it all the time - he loves keeping in touch with everyone :)

I just finished a wonderful pair books that I recommend for anyone looking for a romantic adventure with a little bit of history and a whole lot of magic. For me, romance novels are like chocolate. Some are sweet, some have a little spicy chilli-powder in them, and others are darker. But when you discover Godiva (a lovely chocolatey combo) - you've gotta let everyone know.!

"The Smoke Thief"
opens with a misty
prologue describing an ancient hidden castle deep in the Carpathian mountains, dripping with gems and brilliant beauty. Then, as with many lovely things, the castle is attacked by Others and the castle-dwellers are wiped out...or are they? The story then jumps to England in 1737 and we are introduced to an accomplished jewel thief named Clarissa Rue Hawthorne and the plot thickens. (Follow the links below for a complete synopsis.)

I just LOVED this book. The characters are interesting and we
ll rounded, and the action moves very quickly. I am always thrilled when I stumble across a talented author and Shana Abe has written many other books that I'll have to get my hands on soon. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Talk to you soon,

Sarah

The Bottom Line:
Title: "The Smoke Thief" and "The Dream Thief"
Author:
Shana Abe
Genre:
Historical Romance / Paranormal
Stars:
***
Wh
y Read it: Good writing, strong plot, excellent romance, and lots of dragons
Reviews:

  • www.bookloons.com/cgi-bin/Review.asp?bookid=6953
  • www.amazon.com/Smoke-Thief-Shana-Abe/dp/0553804480


No comments: